Christopher Cordes, OD, FAAO (PHS/IHS)
Immediate Past President
CDR, U.S. Public Health Service
Staff Optometrist, Albuquerque Indian Health Center
Indian Health Service
As a member of the US Public Health Service, Chris is assigned to the Indian Health Service and is stationed at the Albuquerque Indian Health Center. He previous served as Chief of Optometry at the Acoma Canoncito Laguna Service Unit. He is also the Albuquerque Area Optometry Clinical Consultant.
- Joined the USPHS Commissioned Corp in July 2008
- Residency Completed in Hospital Based Optometry (July 2007-June 2008)
- Commissioned officer in the United States Public Health Service.
- Deployments on the USNS Comfort and USS Iwo Jima as part of the Continuing Promise missions with the United States Navy
- Member of RIST VI
- Doctor of Optometry; Southern California College of Optometry, Fullerton, CA
- Bachelor of Science; University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- Wife Melissa, Sons: Jacob and Charles, Dog: Schatzi
- Enjoys hiking, playing slow pitch softball, and cheering on the Angels, Eagles and Fightin’ Irish.
Contact Dr. Chris Cordes